top of page


March 2022, 4 weeks   |   Team Size: 5   |   Designer

A high score time management game developed in Unity where the player runs a clothing store that creates and delivers clothing for gender nonconforming people using a computer interface.  The game was made with the goal of being an educational game that goes against the idea of "gendered clothing".


  • Worked with peers across multiple disciplines (design, art, programming)

  • Met three times a week with team to plan sprints, check in on progress, and give feedback

  • Worked in Redmine to track and coordinate work using scrum principles

  • Developed a UI system where players fulfill clothing orders by going through menus, reading information, and inputting information into interfaces to make clothes

  • Wrote a game design document that covered the intent, target audience, context, systems, and game states along with other details of the project

  • Created a Visual Design document that breaks down the various game states and screens

  • Developed reward systems for delivering clothing

  • Advised testing wherein testers played the game and gave feedback through a survey, and used that feedback to rebalance gameplay

  • Conducted interviews and research to insure proper representation of GNC people


Documentation & Reflection

I am quite proud how our team was able to plan out an idea, execute it, and smooth out the gameplay throughout to come to a final product that was quite close to our original goal.

One of my responsibilities was writing our Game Design Document, provided here. With there only being one other designer on our team and them also taking the role of producer, I was responsible for a lot of the game's design. I was largely responsible for designing the user interface and planning out the overarching systems.

Development Process & Iteration: UX & UI Design

I drew the first iteration of our UX design out on a whiteboard in one of our first team meetings, while working with the team to get down the basic game loop.

After that, I made a Visual Design Document that laid a more concrete blueprint for what the user experience would be like.

After that we had some basic UI screens in a test build for the game. I gave feedback on how the user interface could be improved that programmers would act on. One change between the VDD and this build was that each customer had multiple orders. The build had three per customer, and here I suggest we make it two per customer, so players could go through more unique customers, and it would be easier to get a bonus for a completely perfect customer order. There is no feedback for the "Make" page because it had not been implemented yet. You can see we also decided to have a box for player drag orders on the final tab, so it was more clear what they were meant to do.


Here is what the UI looked like in the final build. We stayed pretty close to the original design!

bottom of page